Farmshelf is an early-stage high-growth startup that builds smart indoor farms. Our bookshelf-sized Farmshelfs provide leafy greens and herbs year-round to food halls, corporate cafeterias and restaurants, including those of acclaimed chefs José Andrés, Marcus Samuelsson, and Claus Meyer. Together, our team of engineers, designers, fabricators, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations to feed our growing urban populations.
The Customer Success Manager will be based in Brooklyn, NY (potential for remote consideration) and report to the Director of Operations. They will serve a critical customer support function, requiring top-notch communication skills, and brand ambassadorship. For the right candidate, this role may have the opportunity to grow quickly into a leadership position and to build a support team to work with a fast-growing customer base.
- Manage onboarding logistics involved in starting up new customers post-purchase.
- Respond to customer inquiries via email, chat, phone calls, and/or live video.
- Create, update, and follow-up on support tickets in Freshdesk “helpdesk” system.
- Adhere to service level agreements for customer support response times.
- Connect with internal experts for technical support and other areas where relevant.
- Develop deep understanding of how customers use Farmshelf hardware and subscription.
- Gain high level of comfort interpreting and acting on data in Farmcloud monitoring software.
- Write content for customer knowledge base and other instructional or onboarding materials.
- 3-5 years customer-facing support and onboarding experience.
- High degree of empathy for customers whether businesses, consumers, or both.
- Proactive problem solver with ability to adapt and change quickly.
- Ability to quickly learn Freshdesk, Airtable, proprietary Farmcloud software and others.
- Experience using Google Drive and other online collaboration tools (e.g. Notion).
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience using helpdesk ticketing systems such as Freshdesk, Zendesk, or similar.
- Experience working with vertical farming, food or hospitality.
- Love and knowledge of food and agriculture.
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
- Managerial experience or interest in.
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation