is an early-stage high-growth startup that builds smart indoor hydroponic farms that make growing food easy. Our bookshelf-sized Farmshelfs provide leafy greens and herbs year- round to food halls, corporate cafes, hotels and restaurants, including those of acclaimed chefs José Andrés, Marcus Samuelsson, and Claus Meyer. Together, our team of engineers, designers, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations to feed our growing urban populations.
We are looking for a talented, energetic, and committed individual to be the Field Operations ambassador in the San Francisco Bay Area. With direction from the NYC-based Plant/Field Operations Team, this individual will install new Farmshelf units, train clients, and service existing installations. Training will be provided with the goal of self sufficiency. This individual should be able to learn, adapt, and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty. We are looking for a strong communicator and a get-it-done working style.
- Traveling to various locations to identify, diagnose, communicate and resolve technical field issues in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Communicate with clients about the status of their unit(s) and general information about Farmshelf.
- Collect and understand field operations data via Farmcloud (our webapp).
- Fill out tickets and service logs after each visit.
- Install new Farmshelf units and train clients on proper use and care of the product.
- Perform servicing of units, including unit sanitization and sensor calibration.
- Deliver seeding and planting supplies to client as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic, plumbing, and electromechanical systems including pumps, chillers, sensors, and horticultural lighting.
- As needed: respond to client emergencies on nights and weekends.
- The ideal candidate should be passionate about our mission and deeply committed to getting things done in an organized and detailed manner.
- Experience with at least some of the above and interest in all aspects
- Plant and mechanical skills
- Knowledge of IPM and Hydroponics or similar
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Excited to work with a fast-growing mission-driven startup
- Driver’s license and personal vehicle ideal (mileage to be reimbursed)
- Willingness to travel within Bay Area
- Able to lift up to 50lbs and perform heavy physical labor
- Professional and positive demeanor
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation