Farmshelf is an early-stage high-growth startup that builds smart indoor farms. Our bookshelf-sized Farmshelf units provide leafy greens and herbs year-round to food halls, corporate cafeterias and restaurants, including those of acclaimed chefs José Andrés, Marcus Samuelsson, and Claus Meyer. Together, our team of engineers, designers, fabricators, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations to feed our growing urban populations.
We are looking for a talented, energetic, and committed individual to join our diverse team as a Maintenance Operator. This individual will assist primarily with scheduled maintenance, followed by installation support, and general upkeep of our units deployed across Dallas/Fort Worth and our outer markets.
- Perform servicing of units, including unit sanitization, minor unit adjustments and component calibration
- Communicate with clients about the status of their unit(s) and general information about Farmshelf while in the field
- Understanding field operations data via FarmCloud (our webapp)
- Fill out inspection reports and field logs during and after site visits
- Assist installation of units at customer sites, including loading/unloading from a truck, moving units to installation spaces, and ensuring successful start up of units
- Identify, and communicate technical field issues in an accurate and timely fashion
- Assist and/or perform general maintenance around the office and lab spaces
- As needed: assist with fabrication and/or plant operations needs
- Domestic travel may be required (25%)
This role reports to the Manager of Field Operations.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about our mission and deeply committed to technology, plant science, and innovative urban food and farming solutions.
- Technical/horticultural background, including relevant work experience or degree
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working as part of a team
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Excited to work with a fast-growing mission-driven startup
- Comfortable working in tight spaces and/or dirty environments
- Able to carry maintenance kit back and forth between work sites
- Able and comfortable working on the ground
- Strong work ethic and reliability
- Knowledge of controlled environment agriculture, basic plumbing and hydroponics a plus
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Driver’s license and access to car required (travel reimbursed)
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation