is an early-stage high-growth startup that builds smart indoor farms that make growing food easy. Our bookshelf-sized Farmshelfs provide leafy greens and herbs year-round to food halls, corporate cafeterias and restaurants, including those of acclaimed chefs Jose Andreas, Marcus Samuelsson, and Claus Meyer. Together, our team of engineers, designers, technicians and plant scientists take on the challenges of creating agricultural technology innovations to feed our growing urban populations.
We are looking for a talented, energetic, and committed leader to join our diverse team as a Head of Product. This individual will ideally have 6+ years of experience in physical product development and the ability to adapt within a fast-paced environment.
Flexibility, an ability to embrace uncertainty and continued learning is vital to this role. This person will lead the core product team and is responsible for the full product lifecycle from ideation through production of Farmshelf products. DFM experience is a must.
- Create innovative solutions and advance the state of indoor farming alongside engineers, agricultural scientists, and l beta customers.
- Own product, engineering and supply chain roadmaps
- Manage and build out design and engineering team
- Shape foundation of product - research and make key decisions about what we build, how we build it, and which tools are best for solving problems.
- Lead design of scalable manufacturable components, electrical systems and mechanical systems to support the demands of our food growing systems.
- Manage assessment of failure modes across all components and systems, leveraging tools such as CFD analysis, FEA, and the FMEA framework.
- Support the design and fabrication of prototype systems to enable our engineering and agricultural science teams to continue to experiment and collect data to drive strategic decisions
- Own BOMs for internal designs and outsourced designs
- Manage team members responsible for manufacturing and supply chain operations
- 6+ years of new product introduction, design for manufacturing and product management experience
- Strong engineering and/or design skill set - likely MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience collaborating with external partners and/or multi-functional teams.
- Great communication skills
- Passionate to solve problems and pursue challenges
- Excited to work with a fast-growing mission-driven startup
- Fluent in 3D CAD software (currently using Solidworks)
- Background manufacturing products that involve injection molding, aluminum extrusions, electrical systems, sheet metal fabrication, vacuum forming and water systems
- Risk analysis and mitigation
- Consumer Product, LED lighting, Kitchen Appliances and/or Furniture experience
- UL or CE certification experience
- Six Sigma and Predictive Maintenance experience
- Understanding of hydroponic growing methods and challenges
- LED lighting design and thermal management experience
Farmshelf is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /